Officially recognised as the world's narrowest fronted house. Once inside the walls angle away from the entrance to form a wedge shape. Downstairs is a room and kitchen and going upstairs we find a bathroom and bedroom.
Other properties of interest on Cumbrae include -
The Royal George Hotel
This is named after the customs cutter that sailed out of Millport Bay to catch smuggling vessels in the Clyde. The Royal George has been popular with visitors and residents for generations.
The Ritz Café
The café was last refurbished in 1963 and retains its formica and pvc '60s feel. Known for its ice cream and hot peas it's a well loved Millport business.
This fine Georgian house stands at the top of Cardiff Street looking down to the harbour. It was built about 1805 by Captain James Miller when he succeeded to the command of the cutter Royal George from his uncle Captain Crawford.
The house gets its name from the burn that runs through its grounds and powered the grain mill that once stood where Cardiff Street is now and gave its name to the town of Millport.
Back to the Cumbrae Trail